Re: Arrested - re: TAG ISSUE-25 deep linking

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 07:10:14 -0800
To: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
CC: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>

On 3/9/2011 6:34 AM, Jonathan Rees wrote:
> It certainly sounds as if ICE has convinced a judge at arraignment (I'm assuming that there was an arraignment) that linking can constitute infringement.

If I have a large, boldface banner on my website that says "Do Not Link to this Website" then I assume
that it can be argued that linking to the website constitutes infringement as long as I saw the banner
before I linked.  Can I argue that my website is my "property" in the legal sense and so I can regulate
its use?

Ashok