Re: Issue-57

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Xiaoshu Wang <xiao@renci.org> wrote:

> First, let me make this clear. I have never denied the problem you
> described here is not a problem. My argument has always been httpRange-14
> is a wrong solution to the problem.

What I have always heard you say is that httpRange-14 was not a
solution to any problem. That's a very different position. I'm glad
you've come around; getting you to agree that it *is* a solution,
however inadequate, was my only goal here.

> This is a significant jump. You are suggesting that an HTTP-URI references
> to a "Representation". I believe this is not what the current AWWW says. I
> believe this is, perhaps intensionally avoided, in the AWWW.

1. I did not suggest this.
2. Nothing in what I wrote here or elsewhere permits such a conclusion.
3. I have been extremely careful to avoid suggest this or enabling
such a conclusion.
4. This conversation is a repeat of others and you often make the same
illogical jump.

I don't think it is going to be productive for me to argue with
someone who puts words in my mouth; I would use all of my energy
taking them back out. Maybe we can take this up later when one of us
learns something new.

Jonathan