Re: Revised HTML/XML Task Force Report

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 10:32:10 PM, Eric wrote:
EJB> If I'm demonstrably wrong, SIFR
EJB> is an irrelevant example of a polyglot roadblock (which I wish it wasn't
EJB> as I favor Larry's position, I'd just prefer the debate to center around
EJB> a real-world problem).

Since JavaScript and ActionScript can perform case-insensitive string matching (for ASCII strings) I would say that SIFR is an example which breaks with polyglot but is easily fixed not to break.

EJB> Here's why SIFR isn't obsoleted by WOFF:

Eric, since this part of the discussion is a) valuable and b) not really related to the Revised HTML/XML Task Force Report, I invite you to repost that part of your response to the public archived list www-font where it will receive the proper attention.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG