Re: fragids and XML style sheets

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:

> The reference is here [1] no?
> I don't recall an exchange between ietf-http-wg and the TAG on that subject.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/#frag-coneg

Non - the discussion I'm thinking of would have happened after I
joined the TAG and before I became really ornery about HTTP, so
probably the first half of 2008. And it wasn't specifically about
fragids, it was about a more general idea of consistency (or lack
thereof) between representations, something about how the agent
deploying the resource was responsible for making sure the
representations were consistent for the purposes to which the resource
was meant to be put. (not expressed like that of course - when put
this way, the obvious question is, why would the agent do anything
else?)

I don't think I'm making this up, but it's possible I misremember
somehow. I guess if I want to find it I'll have to start plowing
through old TAG meeting minutes.

Thanks
Jonathan