From: Wolf, Misha (M Cont Ent)
Sent: 03 February 2011 22:59
To: Henry S. Thompson; Noah Mendelsohn; www-tag@w3.org
Cc: newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: Short briefing/background doc't regarding RDFa, prefixes
and HTML

PS:

A catalog entry looks like this:

<scheme alias="medtop" uri="http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/mediatopic/" />

Each News Item may contain an inline catalog and/or a reference to
an external catalog.

An external catalog (identified by a URI) is not allowed to change.
If the provider needs to change the catalog, they must change the
URI.  Thus consuming systems are free to cache catalogs.

The bindings defined within a catalog apply throughout a News Item
containing or referencing the catalog, ie there is no scoping.

An aggregator who finds that two providers are using the same alias
to identify different URIs, must replace one or more of the
catalogs with their own catalog and replace all instances of one of
the aliases throughout the NewsItem.

Misha