Re: breakage and consistency of the Web platform

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 21:12:52 +0100, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>  Fundamentally changing the essentials of the web security model is
>> like hoping XHTML 2.0 or Cookie2 will succeed. It will not happen
>> unless everything changes.
>
> Can you send me a link to "the web security model" please, somehow I've
> managed never to see that spec or any definition of it. (embarrassing!)
>
> I'd certainly be interested in reading all about why Cookies and
> stateful HTTP usage are good for security and to be adopted heavily,
> whilst reading the comments in a publicly available javascript embedded
> from a "cross-origin" is big security concern to be prevented at all
> costs. Should be a great read and very enlightening.
>
> Thanks much for pointing it out,

I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic, but there is no real central
definition of the "the web security model". It was mostly developed adhoc
as the platform evolved.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-websec-origin which came from the
HTML5 work defines an important part of it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/