Re: API Minimization and User Control [was: Re: DanA: what are you likely to have ready for the F2F]

+1 to Dan.

As an example, if a specific contact field is needed for a specific purpose (such as sharing) then only that information should be requested and returned in the API.  it would not be minimization if an API were designed to always return all contacts or all information for a specific contact, when not needed.

This would not necessarily be under user control as it is an issue with how the API is designed.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia