image/svg+xml, was: Feedback on Internet Media Types and the Web

On 08.11.2010 13:58, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> The document doesn't recount how dysfunctional the MIME type registry has been. image/svg+xml, image/jp2 and video/mp4 would be appropriate to investigate as case studies. image/svg+xml *still* isn't in the registry even though deployment has been going on for a decade. image/jp2 and video/mp4 appeared in the registry only after Apple had shipped QuickTime 6 that assumed these types.

Which reminds me that it may be time for the TAG to look into the
image/sxg+xml issue. As far as I can tell, the Designated Experts in the
IETF are unhappy with the attempt to define a +xml type that in some
cases is not XML. Indeed I think this is a case of expert review being
useful.

Context: around
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-types/current/msg01010.html>

Best regards, Julian