Re: FW: "Is 303 Really Necessary?"

I was asking about the thread(s), not about the blog post.

There are two questions that have sides, hash/slash being one, 303/200
being the other, although they are closely linked.

For the hash question it is conceivable that if someone heard a
defense of hash, they might learn something and decide to use hash
instead of non-hash URIs, making the problem go away. Maybe some of
these arguments came up on the thread. That would be interesting.

For 303, the question is whether anyone defended the prohibition on
2xx when the referent is not an "information resource".  If there
weren't any such arguments in this thread, then fine, that in itself
would be interesting. But in that case I can't imagine why the thread
got to be so long - people would have just settled the question and
been done with it.

I'll look for myself.

Jonathan