Re: "tdb" and "duri" URI schemes...

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch> wrote:

> I don't think that this distinction is relevant, in my understand a DURI is
> completely independent on what anyone observes it is just what the URI
> without time meant at the specified time. What you say is true for HTTP URI,
> independently of the time people may get different representations
> (including corrupted ones), nevertheless at a specified point in time (and
> cool URIs not just then) an HTTP URI has a one thing it identifies.
>
> Reto

There are two possible sources of instability, the URI -> resource
mapping and the resource -> representation relationship. To be useful
in the way that Larry wants it to be (e.g. for citation), DURI has to
nail down *both* of these. The DURI names not the original resource,
but a checkpoint of the original resource - a second resource whose
representations are, and always will be, the representations that the
original resource had at the given time.

(using AWWW terminology here.)

I was just saying that the representations at a given time is a
potentially infinite set with arbitrarily varying content.

Jonathan