RE: Update on resource descriptor discovery work

Eran,

On host-meta:
Section 2 suggests that there may be one and only one hm:Host element.
Perhaps change the 'using the "hm:Host" element' to "using an "hm:Host"
element'?

In 3.1:
"The parent "XRD" element MUST include one but MAY include more"
Perhaps consider:
"The parent "XRD" element MUST include one or more"

In section 4:
Is there a reason for recommending use of HTTPS then HTTP?  Are there
situations where you think that the contents of the host-meta document might
need to be secured and would only be transmitted after mutual TLS
authentication?  In such a case, wouldn't a 3xx suffice?  It seems a bit
much to require use of HTTPS for what I believe is likely to be a
public-facing document.

You say that if the client receives a 3xx when trying to retrieve the
host-meta document, it SHOULD follow the redirection.  Can we make that a
MUST?  I think that would lend to better interoperability. That's also the
behavior specified in the LRDD draft.