Re: reconsidering CSS vendor prefixes

On Monday 2010-03-22 13:58 -0400, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Leaders in the community seem to be taking another look at CSS
> vendor prefixes.
>
> http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2010/03/css_vendor_pref.html
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0026.html
> (I bookmarked that one under http://delicious.com/connolly/web+architecture;
> meant to send it here by didn't manage until now. I haven't fully thought
> it thru yet, but now seems as good a time as any...)
>
> This seems relevant to ISSUE-41
> LanguageVersioning-41

I think the underlying issue here is less a problem with the
mechanism than a problem that the working group has not been
aggressive enough in advancing properties to Candidate
Recommendation (or to some other status where we've agreed
implementations can implement properties without prefixes).

In many cases, I think this is related to different properties
within the same draft having different stability levels.

-David