Re: 204 No Content for a resource which is known but has no representation yet?

You say that there will be something there in about a week. What about
just waiting a week? Then your problem will go away :-). Another
alternative might be to put something very simple there now (e.g. an
empty document) and update that later. The empty document (or a 303 to
an empty document) seems to express quite well what the system currently
can say about this URI.

Regards,    Martin.