Re: speaks_for stuff with examples on home financing, redirection, metadata, XSRF, and same origin

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 00:54 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Larry and everybody,
>
> Do the examples in this make sense?

I see Larry replied...

[[
2010-03-03 04:36:16: I have reviewed Dan's email. I think this is a
really interesting and important direction to pursue web security, and I
support further work in this area; it reads on many of the elements that
the TAG is faced with.

However, I think the likelihood that the TAG itself will make
substantial progress on this topic is very small. There are lots of
loose ends, and the theoretical nature of the work doesn't match the
TAG's capability to do work in weekly phone calls and occasional
meetings.

In fact, I think the direction Dan outlines would make a pretty good
thesis proposal. If there was some way of encouraging the security
research community to take this up, I would support that as a TAG
action.
]]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/383

Yeah... that makes sense to me... I did stuff like
this in our MIT research group (http://dig.csail.mit.edu/ ).
I think some related stuff is still going on there; unfortunately,
I'm not really funded to do that any more.

> A Model of Authority in the Web
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/dj9/story.html
> Date: 2009/12/21 06:40:35

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E