From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Tim Berners-Lee
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 7:25 AM
To: TAG List
Cc: Christa Lopez
Subject: HyperGrids -- connecting virtual worlds for OpenSim and web
arch

Interesting to see what connections there should be between web
architecture and the hypergrid. Does the hypergrid use URIs? Can I put
one in a HTML page and link to a virtual world portal?  Can I link
back the other way, putting an arbitrary URI in a link in a virtual
world?

"The Hypergrid: An Architecture for a New Web: OpenSim is chartering
territory in making Virtual Worlds interoperable with each other and
with the Web. At the heart of it there is the Hypergrid, an emerging
architecture that allows the seamless transfer of users' agents
between grids operated by different entities. While the Hypergrid is
coming to life in the context of OpenSim-based 3D Virtual Worlds, its
foundations shed a new light into what the Web could be."
-- http://metaverse.stanford.edu/agenda/crista-lopes/crista-lopes

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~lopes/

See also
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2009/05/hypergrid-101-why-its-good-fo
r-business/ etc

Is anyone on the TAG following the connections with OpenSim?

Tim BL