Re: Copy to Clipboard - ambush and abuse by javascript

"messing with the clipboard" is not exactly what is intended, for
sure! And messing with the clipboard did happen in some leak-full
versions of the MSIE API, which made it quite unstable: any web page
could read the clipboard then which is now recognized as fully wrong.

All contemporary specifications of a web-page-enhanced clipboard
transfer, I believe, now take in account that the *standard gesture*
is the only one expected to be used by the user to copy and only then
could help the user by adjusting the content and the association
between types and map before this gets written to the clipboard.

A user expecting a near-desktop experience in a web-application that
provides many services will find it normal that his clipboard is full
of... useful data. E.g. that a web-based SVG editor puts a PDF variant
into it so that he can paste that into his word-processing desktop
application.

paul