W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2010

Agenda for TAG F2F Meeting 7-9 June 2010

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:47:46 -0400
Message-ID: <4C0547C2.9050409@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
A proposed agenda for the TAG F2F to be held next week in London is now 
available at [1-2], and in text-only form below.  Required reading is 
noted, but please keep in mind that some TAG members are working on 
providing additional materials.

Also:  there is some color highlighting, which is mainly a reminder to 
me of certain actions where it's unclear how much material will be 
available;  mostly, you should ignore it, and either way I will 
eliminate it in subsequent versions.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/

            W3C TAG meeting 7-9 June 2010 in London, UK, USA

    Nearby: [3]issues list - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive - [6]tag
    archive - Actions: ([7]open, [8]pending review) - [9]logistics

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
       [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/f2f_logistics.html

Agenda Summary

    Monday 7 June
    Agenda
    08:00-9:00 Arrive & Set up. Please have your computers and network
    connections set up for a prompt start at 9AM.
    09:00-09:30
      * [10]Convene, review agenda

    09:30-10:30
      * [11]Web Applications: Overview

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-12:00
      * [12]HTML / XML Unification (session #1 of 2)

    12:00-13:15 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:15-15:00
      * [13]Content-type override (sniffing)

    15:00-15:30 Break (30 mins)
    15:30-16:15
      * [14]Web Applications: Client-side state

    16:15-17:00
      * [15]Administrative issues:
           + Future F2F meetings
           + Summer telcons

    Tuesday 8 June
    Agenda
    09:00-10:30
      * [16]Web Applications: Security

    10:30-11:00 Break (30 mins)
    11:00-12:00
      * [17]Web Applications: Identification and URIs

    12:00-13:15 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:15-15:00
      * [18]Domain name persistence (mini-workshop)

    15:00-15:30 Break (30 mins)
    15:30-17:00
      * [19]Domain name persistence (mini-workshop)

    Wednesday 9 June
    Agenda
    09:00-10:30
      * [20]HTML / XML Unification (session #2 of 2)

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-noon
      * [21]HTTP Semantics

    noon-13:30 Lunch (90 mins)
    13:35-15:00
      * TBD

    15:30-15:30 break (30 minutes)
    15:30-17:00
      * [22]Action item review
      * Any other business

Logistics

    Venue
           Vodafone
           London, UK (near Paddington)

    See [23]logistics for further details.

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/f2f_logistics.html

Preparation

    See "(required reading)" annotations in agenda items below.

Agenda Details

    Actions shown in red are ones for which F2F material is not yet
    available. In some cases, such material has been promised, in others
    it will be provided on a best-effort basis. This typography is
    primarily for the benefit of the chair, and will likely be cleaned
    up before the meeting.
     1. Convene, review agenda
           + Scribes: TAG members are encouraged to sign up by email in
             advance of the meeting
           + Roll call
           + F2F Main Goals:
                o Make progress on writing related to Web Application
                  Architecture
                o XML / HTML integration
                o Other technical topics
     2. Web Applications: Overview
           + [24]ACTION-434: on - Daniel Appelquist - Prepare discussion
             of structure of what we want to do about web apps
             architecture... - Due: 2010-05-27 - OPEN
           + [25]ACTION-355: on - John Kemp - Explore the degree to
             which AWWW and associated findings tell the interaction
             story for Web Applications - Due: 2010-06-07 - OPEN  this
             isn't due until after the F2F, but minutes of 13 May 2010
             say: johnk: busy, hoping to make progress before f2f (it
             will be close); ashok: JohnK and I will talk & then provide
             f2f agenda input.
           + [26]ACTION-416: on - John Kemp - Work on diagrams in "From
             Server-side to client-side" section of webapps material -
             Due: 2010-06-06 - OPEN
     3. Web Applications: Security
           + [27]ACTION-340: on - John Kemp - summarize recent
             discussion around XHR and UMP - Due: 2010-06-04 - OPEN
           + [28]ACTION-412: on - Dan Connolly - Try the clarification
             question, blog item, or wiki approach to metadata-in-uris
             vs CSRF - Due: 2010-05-25 - OPEN
           + [29]ACTION-417: on - John Kemp - Frame section 7, security
             - Due: 2010-06-06 - OPEN (John unsure if progress will be
             made on this)
           + [30]ACTION-435: on - Jonathan Rees - Consult Tyler Close
             regarding UMP-informed web storage vulnerability analysis -
             Due: 2010-06-03 - OPEN
           + See also:
                o [31]ACTION-280: on - Dan Connolly - (with John K) to
                  enumerate some CSRF scenarios discussed in Jun in
                  Cambridge - Due: 2010-05-25 - OPEN
                o [32]ACTION-33: on - Henry S. Thompson - revise naming
                  challenges story in response to Dec 2008 F2F
                  discussion - Due: 2010-06-01 - OPEN
                o [33]ACTION-344: on - Jonathan Rees - Alert TAG chair
                  when CORS and/or UMP goes to LC - Due: 2010-06-10 -
                  OPEN
     4. Web Applications: Identification and URIs
           + [34]ACTION-422: on - T.V. Raman - Examine the current text
             of his client state finding and update appropriately with
             Noah's email from ACTION-353 - Due: 2010-05-31 - OPEN
           + [35]ACTION-432: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Review client state
             finding update w.r.t. maps case - Due: 2010-05-18 - PENDING
             REVIEW
           + Email thread starting with email message [36]ACTION-432 and
             ACTION-422: Maps use case in client side state finding from
             Noah (required reading)
     5. Web Applications: Client-side state
           + [37]ACTION-430: on - Ashok Malhotra - Propose a plan for
             his contributions to section 5: Client-side state - Due:
             2010-06-07 - OPEN
           + See newly added section on "client side storage" in [38]Web
             Applications Architecture (required reading 
             [39]announcement email from Ashok)
     6. [40]ISSUE-24 (contentTypeOverride-24): Content-type override
        (sniffing)
           + [41]ACTION-425: on - Larry Masinter - Draft updated MIME
             finding(s), with help from DanA, based on www-tag
             discussion - Due: 2010-05-31 - PENDING REVIEW
           + [42]ACTION-370: on - Henry S. Thompson - HST to send a
             revised-as-amended version of
             http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0068.ht
             ml to the HTTP bis list on behalf of the TAG - Due:
             2010-05-17 - PENDING REVIEW
           + [43]ACTION-387: on - Henry S. Thompson - Review JK/NM's
             stuff on sniffing, authoritative metadata, self-describing
             web, incl.
             http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0025.ht
             ml - Due: 2010-06-07 - PENDING REVIEW
           + See also: [44]ACTION-424: on - Larry Masinter - Start
             discussion on www-tag about additional finding/web
             architecture around MIME types in web architecture,
             updating existing findings - Due: 2010-06-07 - CLOSED
           + [45]MIME and the Web (required reading)
     7. [46]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Domain name persistence
           + We are expecting to have an afternoon mini-workshop,
             including invited guests (details to be announced)
           + [47]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare a draft
             agenda, including goals and means, for a proposed afternoon
             session with invited guests, and circulate for discussion
             prior to a decision, on the subject of addressing the
             persistence of domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - OPEN
           + See also: [48]ACTION-33: on - Henry S. Thompson - revise
             naming challenges story in response to Dec 2008 F2F
             discussion - Due: 2010-06-01 - OPEN
     8. [49]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): HTTP Semantics
           + [50]ACTION-201: on - Jonathan Rees - Report on status of
             AWWSW discussions - Due: 2010-05-29 - OPEN
           + See also: [51]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
             finding on metadata architecture. - Due: 2010-05-31 - OPEN
           + See also: [52]ACTION-413: on - Dan Connolly - Suggest a
             path thru some logic terminology that might speed up
             httpSemantics discussions - Due: 2010-05-07 - CLOSED
     9. [53]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54): HTML / XML Unification
           + [54]Note from T.V. Raman
           + [55]ACTION-433: on - Dan Connolly - Help Tim get in touch
             with staff etc. re XML/HTML unification - Due: 2010-05-28 -
             OPEN
           + [56]ACTION-427: on - John Kemp - Read 4 distributed
             extensibility proposals and summarize them w.r.t. proposals
             TAG has discussed to date - Due: 2010-06-06 - OPEN
    10. Administrative issues:
           + Future TAG F2F meetings
                o Tentative plan for meeting at Google in Mountain View
                  in Oct.
                o [57]ACTION-429: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work on
                  arrangements for a TAG F2F, probably @ Google early
                  Oct (self-assigned) - Due: 2010-07-15 - OPEN
           + Summer telcons
    11. Action item review:
           + [58]Pending review actions in [59]Tracker
           + [60]Overdue actions in [61]Tracker
           + [62]Open actions in [63]Tracker
      _________________________________________________________

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/434
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/355
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/416
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/340
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/412
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/417
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/435
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/280
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/344
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/422
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/432
      [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010May/0038.html
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/WebApps.html
      [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010May/0062.html
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/425
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/370
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/387
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/424
      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010May/0063.html
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/WebApps.html
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/429
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
      [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.9 $ of $Date: 2010/06/01 17:43:19 $

        [64]Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional     [65]Valid CSS!

      [64] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
      [65] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer
Received on Tuesday, 1 June 2010 17:48:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:06 UTC