TAG Resolution on "resource/representation" terminology in HTML 5

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:19:00 -0500
To: "Paul Cotton" <pcotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
The TAG discussed on its teleconference of 28 January 2010 the question of
"resource" vs. "representation" terminology in the HTML 5 working drafts.
Unapproved draft minutes of our discussions are at [1].  During the
teleconference, the TAG resolved:

        "to produce, by March 31, a change
         proposal that meets the stated
         HTML-WG requirements for change
         proposals, to address the resource
         vs. representation issue"

We also continued our ACTION-378 [2] on Dan Connolly, who will work on
drafting.  I notice that I was not formally asked to communicate this
resolution to you, but that was likely an oversight, and in any case I
assume this news is of interest.  I hope it will be helpful to you in
planning the resolution of you HTML WG Issue 81 [3].  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/28-minutes#item08
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/378
[3] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/81