Re: Deep linking barriers in the UK: The Royal Mail

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:08:32 -0400
To: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: Tex Texin <textexin@xencraft.com>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, www-tag@w3.org
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:00 AM, "Martin J. Dürst"
<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> I hope that with the above distinction between Case 1 and Case 2, we can
> find some agreement, or at least understand our differences better.

I do understand better; thanks for being so clear.

It hadn't occurred to me that legally there might be a distinction
between the two cases, but you make a good case (so to speak). I don't
think there should be, but that's just my opinion.

It's my understanding that Case 1 happens all the time (I confess:
http://mumble.net/) - so maybe there has already been a relevant suit,
or if not there will be soon. I'll poke around to see if I can find
one.

Best
Jonathan