Re: Deep linking barriers in the UK: The Royal Mail

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:47:04 +0200
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
What is the reason this is called deep-linking?

I sure understand it (the path is not zero) but the fact that the TAG
calls the issue "deep linking" seems to show that such links are not
normal links and this is fundamentally wrong.
At least for the concern of this blog post, I believe the real issue
is "freedom of linking" which is what the British post corporation
seems to oppose to.

paul