Re: conneg, HTTPbis, and generic resources (status check)

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Larry, when you and I talked about your conneg stuff in HTTP,
> I thought there was no relevant follow-up, but now I see
> Henry has an action that follows on:
>
> ACTION-231 on Larry Masinter: Draft replacement for \"how to use conneg
> \" stuff in HTTP spec - due 2009-11-18 - pending review
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/231
>
> ACTION-232 on Henry S. Thompson: Follow-up to Hausenblas once there's a
> draft of HTTPbis which has advice on conneg - due 2009-12-01 - open
>
> Did the HTTPbis WG accept your changes?
>
> I can follow my nose from your action to an HTTPbis ticket...
>   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/81
>
> but I'm not sure how to read the status.
>
> I see:
>
> Changed 7 weeks ago by mnot@pobox.com ¶
>       * severity set to Active WG Document
>       * milestone changed from unassigned to 08
>
> Changed 12 days ago by julian.reschke@gmx.de ¶
>       * milestone changed from 08 to 09
>

> and "(reopened design)" at the top... so it looks like
> the WG hasn't decided. But I don't really know how the HTTPbis
> WG makes/records decisions.
>
> I guess it's clear enough that there isn't an Internet Draft
> with the new wording... unless I'm missing something.

The only reason why no change hasn't been made yet is that it's not
totally clear how the proposed text (which looks good) is to be
integrated into the current draft (more precisely, what parts of
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p3-payload-08.html#rfc.section.4>
it's meant to replace).

So the state is "pending", and it's blocked by the bandwidth by the editors.

Best regards, Julian