Re: Fwd: Splitting vs. Interpreting

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:

> Well... http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch is pretty clear in its one and only
> diagram that what is obtained from the web are awww:representation of
> a resource as opposed to the resource itself.

But it doesn't say that representation and resource are disjoint.

You could make a URI that denotes “the first representation obtained
per RFC 2616 from this URI”, and as far as I know that would be
consistent with AWWW. Of course it would be very peculiar.

(You might want to consider whether it would need to return a 303.)

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/