Numeric Representation (was RE: TAG review of EXI Best Practices)

Stan,

I apologize for the delay in responding.  The working group has discussed your question, but we are not sure we understand.  EXI does not represent integers and floats as strings.  EXI has built-in datatype representations for numeric data that are a bit more compact.  We may be missing your point; could you please provide some clarification?

Thanks much,

--mike

Mike Cokus (for the EXI WG)

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-exi-20080919/#encodingInteger