Re: broken links in W3C documents and recommendations

Larry Masinter wrote:
> However, in some cases, unfortunately,  links **do** change. For
> example, the TAG Note:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/01-uriMediaType-9
>

> contains two links which no longer point to the documents intended:
>

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-cturi-03.txt and
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-iana-urn-02.txt

Nit: actually, the links did not change,
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-cturi-03.txt> still
identifies version 03 of draft-eastlake-cturi, it's just not available
anymore.

So this is more about "reference a frozen version or the 'latest'
version of a document", as opposed to URIs changing.

I do agree with the remainder, and the proposed approach to handle these
cases...

BR, Julian