Re: On reading material for f2f - Web Linking

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06.txt

> - "The "rev" parameter has also been used for this
>  by some formats, and is included here for
>   compatibility with those uses,   defined by this specification." Alas.  It
> is a design feature, which allows    {A chapter B} to be stated in A or B.
>  And why define it in the syntax and not give its perfectly well defined
> semantics?

Alas? I thought you meant you are unhappy with it being included, but
reading a few times and looking up the original quote, I guess you are
expressing regret at the halfhearted nature of the inclusion:

The full paragraph (I suspect a copy/paste error in your mail) was:

"Normally, the relation type of a link is conveyed in the "rel"
   parameter's value.  The "rev" parameter has also been used for this
   purpose historically by some formats, and is included here for
   compatibility with those uses, but its use is not encouraged nor
   defined by this specification."

I'd support a more enthusiastic specification of 'rev'. Without it,
people just end up inventing new relationship types with awkward
backwards-names that add no new meaning, like is_chapter_of...

cheers,

Dan