Re: Discussion on URI mailing list of possible new URI schemes for Web Sockets

What's the point of this new protocol? To bum a small constant in
network performance? Seems shortsighted given the enormous amount of
effort it takes to tool up for and specify a new protocol. Not to
mention one that looks to essentially end a platform on which to build
a further babel of ad hoc protocols. And considering Moores law.

Definitely worth a review, if you ask me. URN versus URI seems the
least issue here.

-Alan
Alan