RE: impact of lots more top level domains on the Web?

Dan,

I think that the public meeting record that you're interested in is at:

        http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm

particularly

        http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm#_Toc76113171

which

        "Resolved ( 2008.06.26.__ ), based on both the support of the
        community for New gTLDs and the advice of staff that the
        introduction of new gTLDs is capable of implementation, the
        Board adopts the GNSO policy recommendations for the introduction
        of new gTLDs <http://gnso.icann.org/issues/new-gtlds/pdp-dec05-fr-parta-08aug07.htm>. "

which is a heap of reading material in several parts...

Some digestable commentary at:

        http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9978448-7.html?tag=nefd.top

[found from and a comment in the XRI TC archive
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200806/msg00043.html]

BR

Stuart
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England