Re: XRI vote aftermath

David,

I read through your reasoning on anyURI to HTTP transforms [1], with
the supposition that one should be able to construct this argument,
not only for potential new URI schemes, but for existing ones as
well.  However, i could not manage to follow how your reasoning would
apply to URI schemes such as tel: .

Given that the authority-part construction of the URI is:

	a] open to resolution policies outside the control of a userAgent
	b] given a fully-qualified E.164 number, what utility would I gain
by making such a transform. a tel: URI carries all that is required
for my client (and it's surrounding network) to function properly for
the end user.

this would seem to be a candidate scheme which falls outside of your
reasoning, would it not?

=peterd

[1] http://dbooth.org/2006/urn2http/