RE: [XRI] RE: Boeing XRI Use Cases

From: Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@cordance.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:43:30 -0700
To: "'Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)'" <skw@hp.com>, "'John Bradley'" <john.bradley@wingaa.com>
Cc: "'Paul Prescod'" <paul@prescod.net>, <www-tag@w3.org>

> > John Bradley wrote:
> >
> > We have some momentum established please lets not lose it.
> >
> > I eagerly await the TAG's feedback from its call on this Thursday.
>
> Stuart Williams wrote:
>
> Much as I would like to oblige, unfortunately the summer vacation period
> is starting to kick-in, and after a cascade of regrets (6 out of 10) I
> no-longer have critical mass for the TAG to meet this week. I am hopeful
> of a meeting next week (24th) though I already have regrets on record
> from 3 members - we have also cancelled out regular meetings on 31/7,
> 7/8 and 14/8 and I expect us to resume a mostly normal meeting pattern
> on 21/8.
>
> I know that is not what you want to hear... Drummond and I have exchanged
> a few emails off-list, and I think that we think that the most/only way to
> maintain some momentum through the summer is to email discussuion on this
> list - it would be helpful to folks that either explicitly want to tune in
> or out of this discussion if subject lines could contain a marker, say
> "[XRI]" (hmmm... somewhat ironic) so that folks can filter their mail
> accordingly.
>
> I think that, given unsynchronised lapse of attention for periods ranging
> from 1-4 weeks, finding someone that would be willing to provide balanced
> summary of discussion over the summer might be useful around mid-Aug
> (that's just me thinking aloud without particular expectations).

Stuart, I think that's a good suggestion. I myself am about to be gone on
vacation/travel for the next several weeks, as will a number of XRI TC
members. So I think we should continuing making what progress we can (and
much is being made) on the list, then summarize status and start arranging
new calls/subgroup meetings once when you return.

Best,

=Drummond