Re: Boeing XRI Use Cases

Mark,

Part of the issue is the confusion as to whether strings prefixed with xri:
is a new URI scheme or not.  A variety of people and XRI documents have said
that xri: prefixed strings are NOT URIs because such xri: strings are not
valid URI strings, hence the need for the XRI to URI mapping.  My
interpretation, perhaps wrong, is that a new string identifier format was
being proposed that was NOT a URI.  There is quite some documentation to
support this, such as the material that specifies that a URI prefixed by
xri: may be interpreted as an XRI in the presence of an XRI base
declaration(not sure quite the terminology used) and? the absence of a URI
base declaration such as xml:base.  Which means every XML processor needs to
be preceeded by an XRI processor for the correct processing of any xri:
strings.

Cheers,
Dave