Re: link relationship registration

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:29:02 +0100, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> On 10/12/2008, at 9:04 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
>> Then again, it seems the HTTP Link you define is not very much in line
>
> Can you give a little more detail?

Skimming through the drafts for a few minutes I find at least these:

In HTML5 the tokens are not URIs and are not really URI-references either
because they have to be case-insensitively matched (the HTML5
specification is currently wrong on this).
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/stylesheet and stylesheet are
therefore not equal either.)

In HTML5 people can simply provisionally register a new token by putting
it on a wiki page. The token does not have to be a URI. (Though it could
be a string that is also a URI.)

In HTML5 there is no rev "link-param" because (non-academic) studies have
shown that people do not really know how to use it.

In HTML5 media, hreflang, and sizes (just for <link>) also influence the
relationship. Your draft does not have these "link-param"s.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>