Re: Reviews of Self-Describing Web

Mark is right that Modularization (M12N) is independent of
self-description. It is a tool for building markup languages.

M12N specifies modules that can be combined in different ways. The
resulting host language need not be XHTML, and therefore, the Media type
used to describe it need not be an xhtml related one.

For instance, Jabber uses M12N to define message formats that can include
embedded XHTML, RDDL uses M12N.

However, many host languages *are* XHTML (such as XHTML 1.1, XHTML Basic,
XHTML Print), and so use the xhtml media type.

Steven