Re: Boeing XRI Use Cases

Hi Julian,

In XML schema 1.1 that is almost done.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/

The definition of "anyURI" changes slightly to include the mapping of
http: IRI according to RFC3987 This allows for the ireg-name component
to be mapped via RFC3490 for schemes using domain names.

This allows almost all http: scheme IRI to work as "anyURI",  relative
and null IRI are excluded so it is still a sub set, though a much
larger one than before.

This was never a requirement for XRI as it doesn't use DNS resolution
for its authority segment.  Any DNS names in cross-references are de-
escaped and treated as http: scheme IRI by the XRI resolver.

I think that XRI was compliant with XML schema as currently specified
in:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#anyURI

The changes in 1.1 shouldn't affect XRI.

If someone working on XML 1.1 has a different opinion I would be
interested.

Regards
John Bradley
OASIS IDTRUST-SC