RE: Which URI should be persistent when redirects are used?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:02:13 -0500
To: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
Cc: W3C-TAG <www-tag@w3.org>, semantic-web-ig list <semantic-web-ig.list@reuters.com>

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 14:47 +0100, Misha Wolf wrote:
> How about 303 redirects?

Well, reading the spec, I see "The new URI is not a substitute reference
for the originally requested resource."
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.4

which strongly suggests, to me, that both URIs should be persistent.

> And what about content negotiation?

What about it?

Could you elaborate on the question? What are you trying to do?

>   The requestor's original
> URI could be redirected to different URIs depending on MIME
> Type and Language.
>
> Which of these many URIs would represent the resource for the
> SemWeb?

"the resource"? which resource? Could you tell me the beginning
of this story?