RE: Some TAG review of "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web"

From: Marc de Graauw <marc@marcdegraauw.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:51:31 +0200
To: "'Dan Connolly'" <connolly@w3.org>, "'Pat Hayes'" <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: "'Technical Architecture Group WG'" <www-tag@w3.org>

Dan Connolly:

| Likewise, for social networking purposes, the FOAF community
| stipulates that foaf:Person is that class of things with
| roughly 6 billion bipeds in it, largely oblivious
| to the DOLCE and EPISTLE refinements of this way of thinking.

Even worse, the definition of foaf:Person includes the phrase 'We don't nitpic
about whether they're alive, dead, real, or imaginary.' So foaf:Person firmly
includes Odysseus, Batman and Aragorn along with Dan Connolly, Pat Hayes and
others. Which raises the interesting question what foaf:Person is *about* :-)

Marc de Graauw

http://www.marcdegraauw.com