RE: Dereferencing HTTP URIs (redux?)

> From: Alan Ruttenberg [mailto:alanruttenberg@gmail.com]
> [ . . . ]
> I think the only loose end is that although you grant authority to
> AuntT for tdb names that redirect to her domain, it is possible for
> others to mint such names, and impossible to determine which ones
> AuntT has sanctioned , since although Aunty has authority, she
> doesn't have control.

Actually, I think you *can* determine which ones AuntT has sanctioned.
By delegation
http://aunt-tillie.example/foo (which AuntT controls) becomes the URI
declaration page for
http://thing-described-by.org?http://aunt-tillie.example/foo .  So if
that page contains assertions involving
http://thing-described-by.org?http://aunt-tillie.example/foo
then it seems clear that she has sanctioned that URI.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.