Removal of Texts and Compatibility

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:00:25 -0700
To: "www-tag" <www-tag@w3.org>
I've just posted a couple of entries on Removal of Texts and
Compatibility.  The first looks at the question from a Set perspective,
and the second from an XML Schema 1.0 perspective.  I don't know whether
we'll have a chance or interest to discuss at the f2f but I think they
are quite applicable to the TAG versioning finding.

http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2007/09/13/when_can_language_component
s_be_removed_and_maintain_backwards_or_forwards_compatibility
http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2007/09/13/using_xml_schema_10_when_ca
n_language_components_be_removed_and_maintain_backwards_or_forwards_comp
atibility

Cheers,
Dave