Re: Dereferencing HTTP URIs (redux?)

Pat Hayes wrote:
> Alan Wrote
>>http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/PatHayes notwithstanding.
> Yes, well, maybe I need to change that. Sigh. Can't win them all, I guess.

Interesting. I've never actually looked up that URI.  I don't mean to
trigger a redux (per Mark's original email subject), *but* I would see
absolutely *nothing* wrong with a snippet of RDF which asserted that
the referent denoted by that URI (You) is a member of the foaf:Person
class (or galen:Person, cyc:Person, dolce:rational-agent, etc...).
Afterall, RDF (and OWL) has the mechanism to phrase this
interpretation authoritatively, whereas, HTTP simply does not.  I for
one, do not understand a scenario where

This:

chimezie@otherland:~$ curl -I http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/PatHayes
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 21:26:49 GMT

can make claims more authoritative than:

<http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/PatHayes>
  a foaf:Person

The change I would suggest would be one where 'Machine-readable
information which may help fix the denotation' is properly associated
with the HTML.  Especially now that we have a mechanism to faithfully
render HTML in RDF (ahem: GRDDL).

Perhaps, I shouldn't have been under a rock of my own during the
genesis of this undying thread..

-- Chimezie