W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2007

Draft Agenda for TAG F2F 17-19th September 2007 at University of Southampton

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:42:49 +0100
Message-ID: <C4B3FB61F7970A4391A5C10BAA1C3F0DD34DFE@sdcexc04.emea.cpqcorp.net>
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

A draft of the agenda for the upcomming TAG F2F meeting, 17-19th
September, in Southampton is available for review at:

	http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/09/17-agenda

and as text below.

Regards

Stuart Williams
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks
RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

           TAG face-to-face meeting, 17-19th September 2007,
                    University of Southampton, UK.

   Nearby: [3]TAG Issues Tracker - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive -
   [6]tag archive

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/

Meeting at a glance

   Mon 17th Sep Agenda 
   09:00-10:30 [7]Convene
               [8]HttpRedirections-57 and Semantic Web Architecture
   11:00-12:30
   12:30-13:30 Lunch
   13:30-15:00 [9]TagSoupIntegration-54: Distributed Extensibility
   15:30-17:00 [10]XMLVersioning-41

   Tue 18th Sep
   09:00-10:30 [11]Planning and Review
   11:00-12:30 Progress on Issues
               * [12]namespaceDocument-8
               * [13]xmlFunctions-34
               * [14]URNsAndRegistries-50
               * [15]selfDescribingWeb


   12:30-13:30 Lunch
   13:30-15:00 [16]Web Architecture and Web 2.0
               [17]Fragment Identifiers (scripted)
               [18]TagSoupIntegration-54
   15:30-17:00

   Wed 19th Sep
   09:00-10:30
   11:00-12:30
   12:30-13:30 Lunch
   13:30-15:00

Logistics

   (also separate [19]Logistics page)

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/09/17-logistics.html

2. Recommended readings

     * [20]TAG Charter
     * [21]Webarch
     * Draft TAG Finding [22]Dereferencing HTTP URIs
     * Extending and Versioning Languages: Draft TAG Findings:
          + [23]Terminology
          + [24]Strategies
          + [25]XML Languages
     * Sam Ruby [26]article on Distributed Extensibility
     * Draft TAG Finding on "[27]URNs, Namespaces and Registries"
     * [28]HTTP URIs are Expensive ESW Wiki Page (relevant to
       [29]URNsAndRegistries-50)
     * TimBL DesignIssues Note: "[30]The Interpretation of XML
       documents"
     * Draft TAG Finding on "[31]The elaborated infoset: A proposal"
     * Draft TAG Finding on "[32]The Self-Describing Web"
     _________________________________________________________

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch
     [22]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/httpRange-14/2007-08-31/HttpRange-14
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-strategies
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-xml
     [26]
http://intertwingly.net/blog/2007/08/02/HTML5-and-Distributed-Extensibil
ity
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50
     [28] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HttpUrisAreExpensive
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
     [30] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/XML
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/elabInfoset
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments

Agenda

  Convene and Agenda Review (<30min)

    1. Convene: take roll, review and agree agenda
    2. Regrets: DaveO, Raman
    3. Appoint: scribes for the three days
       Approve: minutes from 13th September 2007
     _________________________________________________________

  F2F Planning

     * Review proposal to host 2008 F2F meetings (at least the first
       after the TAG election)
     _________________________________________________________

  [33]HttpRedirections-57 and Semantic Web Architecture (ISSUE-57)

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [34]ACTION-43 on Tim Berners-Lee to Find the paper that he
            annotated on the plane (and transcribe comments on "Cool
            URIs for the Semantic Web"). - due 2007-09-06, open
     * Review of Draft finding:
          + Resources and the 'Web Presence' Label (see [35]dbooth,
            [36]fielding)
               o denotation, referents and access
               o between http:resource and webarch:resource
          + HTTP Response Codes ([37]David Booth)
               o are the description sections dangerous redefinitions
                 of the HTTP spec?
          + Hash URIs Problematic ([38]David Booth)
               o any approach based on hash URIs is architecturally
                 flawed
          + AWWW Definition of Information Resources Flawed (from
            [39]David Booth)
               o also, URIs that are information sinks
          + Definition of the Web ([40]Roy Fielding)
               o Roy's definition vs the one in AWWW
          + URI Declarations ([41]David Booth)
               o David's notion of URI declaration
     * Terminology
          + Identity, Access and Reference
               o Repeated [42]complaints (to cite but one) and
                 sustained about use of terminology in [43]AWWW
               o [44]Thread initiated by Henry seeking to build
                 concensus
     _________________________________________________________

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/4
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0054
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0044
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0054
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0054
     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0054
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0044
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0054
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0179
     [43] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch
     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0021

  [45]TagSoupIntegration-54 (ISSUE-54)

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [46]ACTION-7 on Dan Connolly to Work with Olivier and Tim
            to draft a position regarding extensibility of HTML and the
            role of the validator for consideration by the TAG - due
            2007-09-06, open
          + [47]ACTION-19 on T.V. Raman to Update the tag soup document
            with the discussion thru 20 Aug 2007 - due 2007-08-27, open
          + [48]ACTION-42 on Stuart Williams to Check with Dan - due
            2007-09-06, open
     * Distributed Extensibility
          + HTML5, uFormats
          + Extensibility and Versioning Findings: Do they have his
            covered?
          + As a Tech Plenary Topic: How would we structure a session?
     * [49]Topic List
          + Care and Maintenance?
          + Checklist or Agenda (or both)?
     _________________________________________________________

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/7
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/19
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/42
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/tag-soup-integration

  [50]XMLVersioning-41 (ISSUE-41)

     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [51]ACTION-4 on Dan Connolly to Review definitions of
            partial understanding, backward compatible, and forward
            compatible - due 2007-09-06, pending review
          + [52]ACTION-15 on Henry S. Thompson to Review XHTML
            Modularization
            (http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-modularization-20060705
            /) - due 2007-09-10, open
          + [53]ACTION-16 on David Orchard to Incorporate the NVDL text
            into the findings. - due 2007-08-27, open
          + [54]ACTION-27 on Dan Connolly to ask Mimasa and Mark
            Birbeck about feasability of using substitution groups in
            XHTML modularization, cc public-xml-versioning - due
            2007-09-06, pending review
          + [55]ACTION-28 on Noah Mendelsohn to draft a blog item for
            review and, pending creation of a TAG blog mechanism, post
            it. - due 2007-08-30, open
          + [56]ACTION-35 on Stuart Williams to complete review of
            terminology section of of 4 July versioning draft - due
            2007-08-24, open
          + [57]ACTION-38 on Norman Walsh to review the XML part again
            - due 2007-09-17, open
     * Discuss Reviews of Draft Findings from:
          + Stuart (terminology) [58]ACTION-35)
          + ???? (Strategies)
          + Norm (XML Languages) ([59]ACTION-38)
     * Defined and Accept Sets: is the model working/useful?
     * Publication Strategy
     _________________________________________________________

     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/4
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/15
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/16
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/27
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/28
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/35
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/38
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/35
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/38

  Planning and Review

     * What are we doing well (and should aim to continue doing well)?
     * What are the 1-3 most important things that we should aim to
       improve in 2008?
     * W3C process requirements - heartbeats, status reports...
     * In [60]June we expressed some ambitions to start to work on:
          + Semantic Web Architecture
          + Web 2.0 and Web Architecture
       Do we have objectives in this area that we want the AC to be
       aware of?
     _________________________________________________________

     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/09/17-agenda

  [61]namespaceDocument-8 (ISSUE-8)

     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/8

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [62]ACTION-21 on Norman Walsh to Provide a set of test
            cases of ways in which RDDL is actually used
          + [63]ACTION-22 on Dan Connolly to Start an ontology
            including docns/documentElementNamespace.
          + [64]ACTION-23 on Henry S. Thompson to track progress of
            #int bug 1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in the
            XML Schema WG
     * Norm is [65]stymied! How do we move forward?
     * Recapitulation on what the issue actually is?
     _________________________________________________________

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/21
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/22
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23
     [65] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0040

  [66]xmlFunctions-34 (and ElaboratedInfosets) (ISSUE-34)

     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/34

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [67]ACTION-25 on T.V. Raman to summarize history of
            DTD/namespace/mimetype version practice, including XHTML,
            SOAP, and XSLT. - due 2007-08-24, open
          + [68]ACTION-26 on Henry S. Thompson to Henry to prepare new
            draft of xmlFunctions-34 - due 2007-09-06, open
     * Current draft [69]The elaborated infoset: A proposal
     * TimBL DesignIssues Note: "[70]The Interpretation of XML
       documents"
     * Status Update - Henry and Tim
     _________________________________________________________

     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/25
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/26
     [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/elabInfoset
     [70] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/XML

  [71]URNsAndRegistries-50(ISSUE-50)

     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [72]ACTION-32 on David Orchard to explore the space of
            external registries and to post to the tag member list -
            due 2007-08-24, pending review
          + [73]ACTION-33 on Henry S. Thompson to revise
            URNsAndRegistries-50 finding in response to F2F discussion
            - due 2007-09-06, open
     * Current [74]Draft Finding
     * Status Update - Henry
     * [75]Feedback from Chimezie Ogbuji
     * Counter argument at "[76]HTTP URIs are Expensive" ESW Wiki Page
     _________________________________________________________

     [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/25
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/25
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50
     [75] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Aug/0030
     [76] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HttpUrisAreExpensive

  Self Describing Web

     * Related Actions Items:
          + [77]ACTION-30 on Noah Mendelsohn to revise Self-Describing
            Web finding in response to 2007-07 F2F discussion
     * Current [78]Draft finding
     * Status Update - Noah
     _________________________________________________________

     [77] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/25
     [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments

  Web 2.0 and Web Architecture

     * Interaction and State - Representations bearing Interaction
       Behaviour (AJAX/Scripts)
          + Is this covered by WebArch as it is?
          + Do we need extensions or changes? If so... what?
     * Other facets of Web 2.0 that may 'stress' Web Architecture?
          + Client Script handling of Frag Ids (see thread started by
            [79]Raman
          + uFormats, RDF/a and the Semantic Web
     _________________________________________________________

     [79] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jul/0148

  Wrapup/Other Business

     * TAG@TPAC - November (see also [80]Distributed Extensibility,
       [81]URNsAndRegistries-50, [82]Web 2.0 and WebArch)
     _________________________________________________________


    Stuart Williams for TAG

   $Revision: 1.11 $ of $Date: 2007/09/04 16:37:17 $
Received on Tuesday, 4 September 2007 16:45:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:32:53 UTC