Re: HTTP URIs and authority

From: Chimezie Ogbuji <chimezie@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:40:00 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

Noah Writes:
> Your view seems to be that the resource needs to, at least in some sense, be
> isomorphic to the representation, so you infer that when the representation
> changes the resource must have changed.  It seems to follow
> that in the case of conneg, the resource must in some sense be (or be
> isomorphic to) the union of all served representations.

This view is actually consistent with the normative behavior for GRDDL
that we settled on with regards to content negotiation:

http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/#langconneg3

In the case of GRDDL, the 'maximal' GRDDL result (the RDF merge of the
renditions of each of the representations) is an acceptable rendition
of the original IR.

> My preferred view is that
> there is allowance for changing policy as to how a particular resource is
> represented, and that such changes to not necessarily imply that the resource itself has changed.

With such an allowance, a GRDDL-aware agent would not be able to
assume much about the IR behind the RDF rendition.

-- Chimezie