RE: Subgroup to handle semantics of HTTP etc?

> From: Xiaoshu Wang
> [ . . . ]
> I think that semantics should be drawn only from what is
> asserted in an
> RDF content, but we should not draw from how the RDF is obtained.  To
> draw conclusion from a network protocol, such as HTTP,
> essentially bound
> URI to its network protocol, which is a very bad idea.

I disagree.  RDF is used to formally express information that may have originated anywhere.  HTTP response codes are a reasonable source of information.  However, the recipient has the prerogative to treat that information differently from information in the body of an HTTP response if desired.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.