RE: Defined sets, accept sets, and <banana> elements

David Orchard wrote:

> I had an action item, either official or unofficial, to weave a story
> like this into the finding.  I suggested to you and the tag that your
> material could be either incorporated into the finding or as a separate
> micro-finding, and that I'd do any extra work required.  You didn't
> support either of those options,

To be clear, you are welcome to "weave" what I wrote into the finding if
you think that's the right next step.  I was merely suggesting a direction
that I thought would be interesting, and that would involve doing a bit
more investigation and consensus building before we decide what to put in
the finding.  One way or the other, I strongly believe that we need to
think hard about, and probably tell a story in the finding about,
languages which have semantics other than "ignore" for extension content.
By all means, if you think my email is the right basis for telling that
story, then integrate it, and we'll see what the reaction is.  Sorry if my
original email was confusing.

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>
06/21/2007 03:17 PM

I had an action item, either official or unofficial, to weave a story
like this into the finding.  I suggested to you and the tag that your
material could be either incorporated into the finding or as a separate
micro-finding, and that I'd do any extra work required.  You didn't
support either of those options, so I'm not interested in duplicating
such work by completing my action using separate material.

Cheers,
Dave