From: Sandro Hawke [mailto:sandro@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 22:41
To: Hans Teijgeler
Cc: 'Sandro Hawke'; 'Chris Bizer'; 'Frank Manola'; 'Tim Berners-Lee';
www-tag@w3.org; semantic-web@w3.org; 'Linking Open Data'
Subject: RE: How to name what you get back? was: Terminology Question
concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

"Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl> writes:
> The name is just one of a multitude of aspects, and besides that there
> are many things without a name (just an ID).

Chris started this by asking:
    "The term XXX refers to the description of a non-information resource
    that a client obtains by dereferencing a specific URI that identifies
    this non-information resource."

That "specific URI that identifies this non-information resource" --
that's "a name", isn't it?   That's what I understand a name to be.

      -- Sandro

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:56

Checked by AVG Free Edition.