Re: Draft of TAG Submission to W3C Workshop on Web of Services for Enterprise Computing

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> "It's relatively easy to motivate giving the printer its own URI; it's
> somewhat harder to decide whether to also assign a separate URI to each
> paper drawer in the printer, to each part of the printer that can jam,
> etc. Web Services does provide alternatives for addressing such very fine
> grained resources. "

Possibly the example chosen (printers) isn't the best for making your
point. I see your point theoretically. I just don't see it in the
example. The problem may start with, "It's relatively easy to motivate
giving the printer its own URI".

Actually I'd say it's incredibly easy and obvious to do so, and I'd go
quite a bit further than that. I'd say "It's relatively easy to motivate
giving the printer its own IP address." The separate URIs per printer
falls out of that very naturally.

Again, I think I see what you're trying to say. I just don't think the
printer example is the best instantiation of that.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!