WSDL operation safety in SAWSDL?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:09:28 +0100

Dear TAG members, others, I'll be brief this time. 8-)

I've asked on this list earlier [1], what anyone's thoughts were on
moving WSDL's safety annotation feature [2] to SAWSDL, as it seems that
safety is a perfect example of a semantic annotation.

Both WSDL and SAWSDL are currently in CR, but WSDL is moving fast
towards PR, that's why any opinions especially from the TAG members
would be useful to us.

It seems that WSDL doesn't actually need the safety annotation all that
much for its function (see [3]). However, the TAG requested that WSDL
operations should have a marker about their safety. This is implemented
as an attribute in WSDL2. Now that we have SAWSDL, it would seem to fit
there better. Do you perhaps think that marking safety in WSDL using
SAWSDL is less adequate than using a specific extension attribute?

For more information, see [1].

Best regards,
Jacek Kopecky

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Feb/0003.html