RE: New version of Passwords in the Clear

Ed Rice writes:

> The only possible exception I could see would be if you had only two
> computers on your network and they're together in a locked room.
> But then its outside of the scope of the world wide web so the
> finding doesn't apply.

Whether you agree with them or not, other responses on this list suggest
examples on the public network in which relatively knowledgeable providers
of Web resources claim that they are happy with the intermediate level of
security provided by HTTP Basic over ordinary HTTP.   See for example [1].

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Nov/0085.html

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation