Re: New TAG issue: TagSoupIntegration-54

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> At the moment I would do nothing, because, as Joel Spolsky would say:
>
>   Don't start a business if you can't explain what pain it solves,
>   for whom, and why your product will eliminate this pain, and how
>   the customer will pay to solve this pain.
>
> And I do not understand what pain this thread or TAG issue are about.

OK. I do understand the pain, and I think a lot of other people here do
too. If you don't, then we'll try to explain again; but this pain is so
painful and so obvious to so many of us, don't expect us to stop looking
for a cure just because you aren't feeling it.

The pain is that we cannot write scripts, and even basic web sites, that
work reliably across browsers without extensive testing and debugging.
Working well in one browser is no guarantee of working well in any
other. That's very painful and has been for years.

The cure for this pain is still up in the air. I think we've got a
decent suggestion on the table, and the major question in my mind is if
we can get Microsoft to swallow the pill in a timely fashion, once we
fabricate it. if we can, I think it will work. If not, I don't know.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!