Re: dot tel - a new TLD

On 2006-05-16 14:18:25 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I'm having trouble finding out exactly what decision the 15
> May news item is reporting on. Thomas, Daniel, do you know?

[[

 >>VINT CERF: We're on the record.

 I'd like to call for a motion to place the .TEL contract
 approval on the table for consideration.

 >>NJERI RIONGE: I move.

 >>VENI MARKOVSKI: Veni seconds.

 >>VINT CERF: Thank you.

 Is there any further discussion -- Let me make sure it's clear
 what the proposed motion is. It would be to authorize the
 president to take such actions as are appropriate to implement
 the proposed agreement with dot -- with Telnic for the .TEL
 top-level domain. The action has been in process since the
 28th of June 2005. The proposed motion relates the various
 dates at which actions took place.

]]

--  http://icann.org/minutes/voting-transcript-10may06.htm

There is then some more discussion, and a vote to go forward.
Oddly, the resolutions adopted at that board meeting still
aren't online -- maybe this is because it's the same board
meeting at which the .xxx agreement was voted down, leading to
considerable fuzz.

The 28 June '05 resolution that Vint refers to is here:

  http://icann.org/minutes/minutes-28jun05.htm

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr@w3.org>