Re: A URI for the class of SOAP MEPs

On Jan 20, 2006, at 12:01, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Jacek Kopecky:
> > Personally, I agree that URIs are cheap, but if you want to have
> > something at the end of the URI, it may suddenly become not quite
> cheap
> > enough. 8-)

Indeed.

> I think we're all set for now.  The chair of the XMLP workgroup has
> agreed [1] to put creation of an appropriate URI onto the agenda of
> an upcoming XMLP teleconference.  While there is some small risk
> that XMLP would for good or bad reason decide not to do something
> satisfactory, I think we should hope for the best, and suspend
> further discussion here.  Once XMLP comes up with a proposed
> direction, I'll send a pointer to www-tag@w3.org and semantic-
> web@w3.org, as well as to the WSDL WG, so you'll all have a chance
> to register concerns.  Should the XMLP WG decide to mint a URI, as
> we hope, I will remind them of the desirability that the URI
> resolve.  In the meantime, I'd like to believe we're all set.

The URI should be the URI of an RDF document # a local identifier.
The RDF document should define basic information about the class,
that it is a class, label, comment, etc.
If the URI is being minted as part of the RDF mapping, then I
don't see a reason from the document being in anything other than RDF.

> [..]
Tim