Re: registering formats in the web [uriMediaType-9] [Fwd: Request for MIME media type Application/Personal Tree - prs.]

Hi Dan,

I'm a bit confused about what role you intend for this media type.
What is "t9"; something specific to SPARQL (not that I can tell ...)?
Are you perhaps suggesting that this serve as a template for other
media type registrations such that its properties might be considered
"global"?  Something else?

The URI hook you have seems fine, and reminds me of Mark Nottingham's
noble attempt at registering the "dns" media type tree[1] in that it
also uses a parameter for the URI ("doc").  But Mark's also used DNS
in the media type name itself so as to remove the need for separate
registration (beyond the DNS name itself).  Unfortunately, not many
IETFers seemed to like it, largely for that reason. 8-(

 [1] http://mirrors.isc.org/pub/www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-nottingham-dns-media-tree-00.txt

Mark.